Next Repair Café on Saturday 28th October!
Repair Café Bray is a neighbourhood initiative, hosted by Common Ground, that promotes repair as an alternative to throwing things away. We held our first Repair Café back at the July market, and are getting ready to hold the second one on 28th October. Residents of Bray can bring their broken items to fix them on the spot with the help of voluntary repairers.
How Does It Work?
- If you have things at home that need repairing, bring them along on Saturday 28th October, and our panel of Repair Experts will try to help you fix them.
- Where possible, our experts will try to help you fix the item yourself, so that you come away not just with your possession fixed, but also having learned how to do the repair yourself. However, the repair expert will help as much or as little as your need, so they will be able to do complicated repairs for you!
- All repairs are donation based: bring your broken things along, and we’ll try our best to help you get them fixed; in return we ask for a donation to Common Ground – the donation amount is up to you!
What Repairs Can We Offer?
We are hoping to have the following repairer stations available in October:
- Woodwork and Furniture
- General Household Repairs/li>
- Clothing and Textiles/li>
- Computer software (problems with Windows, email etc)/li>
- Knife Sharpening/li>
Can I Get Involved / Volunteer?
Yes! We are always looking for people with repair skills to help out, and also people to help with publicity and the running of the café on the day. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more about the Repair Café? Look at the international website: https://repaircafe.org